easy rider

I hate my laptop screen, strong word 'hate' but I do, it lightens everything. I colour something... am happy with it, have a look on another monitor and I can barely see the thing especially dark pictures (obviously). its really frustrating, but I prefer drawing on the laptop to the pc. portability is great!
Via the magic of the curves tool... we have this!

8 comments:

Jason Kotey said...

Same thing happens on mine, Sean. The only difference is that my laptop darkens everything! So the stuff when I view it at work is lighter!!!! "The Insect" pic I did was very dark and forboding on my laptop- now all that is lost when seen on other computers.

Uli Meyer said...

I can see this one fine in the studio. On my laptop at home it is a very dark fuzz! I know what you mean and the answer is to work to the Avid monitor. Digitally, that's all I know. You could always do the canvas bit.

Sean Hayden said...

Canvas- the word sounds familiar…

Elliot Cowan said...

On this rotten little laptop, it's awfully dark.
On my nice big laptop it's terrific.

Boris Hiestand said...

Here at MPC if we meddle with our monitors we get sentenced to death or worse, fired!
They are calibrated so everything's just right.
Your image is very very dark.

Jason Kotey said...

I can see the new one better though. Looks good.

Richard Mitchelson said...

i like the new one it is niiiice.

Matt Jones said...

Can't see a damn thing!! Oh, hang on, had my eyes shut - that's BETTER!!
This is GREAT!
What is it?